All Acanthus Cast Stone products far exceed the technical requirements of BS1217:2008, the UKCSA specification for cast stone and NBS clause F22. Regular testing is carried out so please contact us if you would like copies of recent test results.
Performance / Properties
- Close match in colour and texture and favoured by planning authorities as an alternative to quarried natural stone.
- All Acanthus’ Cast Stone is manufactured to meet or exceed the requirements of BS1217.
- Semi Dry products have a 28 day cube strength with a typical range between 35-50MPa.
- Compressive strengths are tested in accordance with BS1217, manufactured and cured in accordance with current BS EN standard references.
- Acanthus Cast Stone has now set a minimum average of 35N/mm2 as our standard, ensuring a dense compacted mix.
- Low Porosity with weathering characteristics of quarried natural stone.
- Semi-dry Cast Stone such as ours are a decorative product only and are not load-bearing. Professional advice must be taken regarding installation, please refer to the UKCSA guidance notes for more information.
- With an integral waterproofer incorporated within the mix, Acanthus Cast Stone achieve the requirements of BS1217 Capillary Absorption Test (CAT) with the average capillary absorption not exceeding 1.0mg/mm2. Test certificates available on request.
- Cast Stone is designed to weather in a similar way to natural stone and consideration should be given to prevailing climatic conditions at design stage. Normally the weathered effect is desired but if the stone is required to look newer for longer an appropriate brick sealant can be used to help delay this weathering process.
- Cills Installation
- Heads Installation
- Window Surrounds Installation
- Georgian Head Support Detail
- Raking Copings Installation
- After Care and Surface Effects
- Pointing and Repair of Semi-Dry Cast Stone
- Typical Test Certificates
- Good Site Practice & Handling